We are looking to recruit a Financial Modelling Analyst to join our Stockport team.
Our experienced financial modelling team within Dow Schofield Watts Business Planning (“DSW”) is looking to grow its capacity. We are therefore seeking a candidate to join our North West based team. This requirement is predominantly for a financial modeller but will also give the opportunity to develop skills in a broad range of financial advisory roles if the candidate wishes to. Given we are at the earlier stages of a strategic growth plan, this role requires a proactive person who has a great opportunity to develop and mould the role into a variety of different areas to suit and enhance their current skill set.
The candidate will build financial models for businesses and projects across a range of sectors, supervised by and reporting into members of our experienced senior team. They will also have the opportunity to offer advice and support on all aspects of financial business modelling and project analysis for a broad range of engagements, enabling better decision making and planning. Whilst the role will be mainly office based, we would require you to attend meetings with more senior members of the team and the role could become more client facing if this suited the candidate.
Our projects are challenging and often time pressured and will, in some cases, involve working in multi-disciplinary project teams. Working as an Analyst in our modelling team you will:
• support clients through the model development process;
• help to scope, design and develop complex business models;
• work on multiple engagements on a day to day basis;
• develop analytical techniques, technical skills and commercial awareness;
• contribute to the business development initiatives of the DSW team;
• contribute effectively to project teams and take responsibility for completing work; and
• maintain contacts with key client staff once a project is complete.
As a minimum the individual should have:
• strong mathematical aptitude;
• a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel (although financial modelling experience would be preferred, it is not required);
• a knowledge of accountancy principles and practice, preferably through a partially or fully completed qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA); and
• good interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our Business Planning team, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org